Affordable Housing for Generations
This research aims to develop research based solutions to alleviate the crisis of affordable housing and housing affordable to key workers in order to sustain people in their homes and communities over generations and contribute to thriving regions.
With a focus on solutions to deficits in affordable housing and those low income households and key workers most affected by the housing affordability crisis. The programme will develop research based solutions to sustain people in their homes and communities over generations and contribute to thriving regions.
This research seeks to provide robust science and research-based tools to enable Aotearoa/NZ to achieve:
- Affordable stock for diverse people and thriving communities.
- Affordable housing that works over the life cycle of the dwelling and a housing stock able to support multiple generations and people through the life course.
- Solutions that:
- Address the limits of markets; stigma and exclusionary processes; and policy and regulatory settings.
- Identify barriers and opportunities.
- Engage investment in affordable housing.
The research team is multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational. For more details about this project please visit the programme website here.